Rwanda Cultural Safaris - Cultural Heritage and Values in Rwanda
In exploring the Rwanda culture and values, a visit to Batwa community in Ruhengeri province in the northern Rwanda, Omwami’s Palace in Nyanza, the Rugarama hot springs, the genocide memorial centres offer a memorable safari of a lifetime.
Day 01: Airport pick-up
Day 02: Kigali city tour
Day 03: Visit the twin Lakes - Ruhondo and Burera
Day 04: Transfer to Lake Kivu
Day 05: Transfer to the King's Palace in Nyanza.
Day 06: Return to Kigali for you departure.
Day 1: Airport pick-up
Upon your arrival, meet our tour guide for a transfer to the hotel for your dinner and an overnight.
Day 2: Kigali city tour
Enjoy a visit to the Kandt’s Natural History Musuem, dancing pots workshop at Kiyovu and later Gisozi genocide memorial site.
Day 3: Visit the Batwa (Pygmies)
A traditional dance will be organized for you on this day by the Batwa (Pygmies). Visit the local brick makers. Overnight stay atMt Gorilla View Lodge / Chimp Nest Lodge.
Day 3: Visit the twin Lakes – Ruhondo and Burera
Enjoy your morning breakfast and later transfer to the twin lakes, Rubondo and Bulera. Interact with the fishermen, if you are interested in activity; go fishing in the local canoes. Later visit the traditional witch doctor called the “Snake man”. Proceed to the convent “Foyer de Charité”.
4: Transfer to Lake Kivu
This morning traverse the scenic mountains, with en route lunch at Hotel Bethanie. Relax at the sandy beach on Lake Kivu or just undertake a boat cruise to the coffee island. Overnight stay at Lake Kivu Serena /Paladis Malahide
Day 5: Transfer to the King’s Palace in Nyanza
After attending a traditional dance by the Batwa community, proceed to Nyanza, the historical seat of the ancient Rwandan kings . Proceed to the Rwanda’s cultural centre – Butare, and the National Museum. Overnight stay at Nyungwe Safari Lodge
Day 6: Return to Kigali for you departure
Along the way visit Mirambi genocide memorial site.
Serena Hotel - Lake Kivu
Serenely sited on the white sandy shores of Lake Kivu, the sixth largest lake in Africa, and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens, the tastefully open-plan Lake Kivu Serena Hotel offers the ideal week-end escape.
Nyungwe forest lodge
The lodge, built to blend in with the surrounding environment is situated in a tea plantation on the edge of the Nyungwe closed canopy rain forest, home to 13 species of primate including Chimpanzees. Rooms feature; Fire place, Air conditioning, Private mini bar, Tea and coffee making facilities, Hairdryer, Private deck, En-suite bathroom with indoor shower, International dial telephones, Digital satellite TV and Wireless Internet access.
You will have lunch en route as the tour goes on upon your request – included in price along with 2 sodas or one Beer.
Please enquire for rates.
- Transport in a 4WD minivan with pop-up roof for excellent safari view;
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Accommodation as listed in the program;
- All breakfasts and dinners included;
- Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking;
- Park-entrance fees according to the program;
- All activities described in the itinerary;
- International air fares and entry visa Uganda
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack);
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).
Our Africa expert consultants can combine your Gorilla Safari with tours and accommodation throughout Africa.
Why book with us
- Expert staff who have all travelled in Uganda & Rwanda
- Top class Safaris in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Qualified and knowledgeable local guides
- Top quality Gorilla Destinations
- Flexible holiday options
- Great value