Cost of Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits 2022-202331/07/2022
Things to do in Budongo Forest Reserve03/08/2022
The Gorilla Tracking Guide in Africa 2022-2023
Gorilla Tracking Guide in Africa 2022-2023 – Whoever wants to trek Mountain Gorillas in Africa, They can only be seen in Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo, Mountain gorillas are endangered species and one must visit Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park of Uganda, Volcanoes National Park of Rwanda, and Virunga National Park of DR Congo.
What is Mountain Gorilla Trekking?
Gorilla trekking is a wonderful experience, allowing you the opportunity to have a close encounter with these gentle giants of the jungle in their natural habitat, The trekking will take place either in Uganda, Rwanda, or the Democratic Republic of Congo – depending on local conditions and the availability of gorilla permits, You need not feel that you are exploiting these animals by paying good money to go trek to see them in their natural habitat, in fact, the ever-growing number of tourists keen to see the gorilla proves to be an important factor in their survival.
What is the age limit for tracking Gorillas?
One of the Gorilla Tracking Guide in Africa 2022-2023 is age, there is a minimum age of 15 years for anyone buying a trekking permit to track mountain gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo, park Authorities will check the age of all trekking permit holders against the birth date in your passport.
What Does the Gorilla Permit include?
The Gorilla Trekking Permit, therefore, expect admission into the park as per your booked date, trekking the gorillas in a group of 8 people, you should also expect to be escorted by well-trained ranger guides and a police officer who does not only provide all the information you will need to know about the gorillas, safeguard that you are safe and that you are able to see the gorillas.
Cost of Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits 2022-2023
The cost for Uganda gorilla trekking permits 2022 – 2023 are issued by government conservation authority bodies in the respective countries i.e In Uganda, you can only book gorilla permits for 2022-2023 with Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) at a cost of $700 USD, in Rwanda, Rwanda Development Board (RDB) at cost of $1500 USD. Booking gorilla permits with the government authority may turn out to be cumbersome for you, therefore we recommend you seek help from honest Travel agents for gorilla habituation the permit costs $1500USD (time spent is four hours, unlike gorilla trekking which takes only one hour.)
How to book a Gorilla Tracking Permit?
Book Uganda gorilla tracking permits, for your tour/ safari in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park –how you can buy the gorilla permit for your Uganda tour this year and next year.
In Uganda gorilla tracking is done in either Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, each gorilla permit costs US$700 in Uganda throughout the year, you can book your permit directly from Uganda Wildlife Authority offices in Kampala or book through a local tour operator like us Kisoro Tours
What are the main Gorilla Trekking Rules while with them?
The following Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations would apply (as set out in the printed leaflet by the Uganda Wildlife Authority;
- A 7-meter (21 feet) distance should try to be observed at all times you are with gorillas, The further back you are, the more relaxed the group will be.
- You must stay in a tight group when you are near the gorillas.
- Keep your voices down at all times you are with the gorillas, however, it is okay to ask the guide as many questions as you want.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat when you are near the gorillas. Eating or drinking inevitably will increase the risk of food/drink morsels/droplets falling, which could increase the risk of transmission of diseases.
- Sometimes the gorillas charge. Follow the guide’s example (crouch down slowly, do not look the gorillas directly in the eyes, and wait for the animals to pass). Do not attempt to run away because that will increase the risk.
- Flash photography is not permitted! When taking pictures move slowly and carefully.
- Do not touch the gorillas. They are wild animals.
- The maximum time you can spend with the gorillas is one hour for normal trekking or four hours for the gorilla habituation experience.
- After the visit keep your voice down until you are 200 meters away from the gorillas.
Where is the Best to Trek and see Gorillas 2022-2023?
The gorilla trekking starts in the morning and after breakfast, you are transferred to a ranger’s station for briefing your rangers/ guides will lead you through the cultivated lands and then into the dense rain forest and as close as is allowed to a gorilla family. The rangers monitor the gorillas on a daily basis and have a fairly good idea of where they are, Trekking can take anywhere from 2 hours to 8 hours and it can be quite strenuous, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
When is the best time for gorilla trekking?
Mountain Gorilla Trekking can be done any day any time of the year in countries like Rwanda, Uganda, and DR Congo because of the relatively wetter/ rainy seasons in the Mountain Gorilla inhabited national parks, many tourists often prefer the months from June to September and then December, January, and February.
What should you pack for your Gorilla Tracking Safari?
Just like any other escapade African travel safari when observing Gorilla Tracking Guide in Africa 2022-2023, you have to prepare yourself for mountain gorilla tracking experiences in Bwindi Uganda. Therefore; below is a list of things you need to pack before starting your cardinal tour;
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Hiking boots, gloves, rain jacket.
- Insect repellant is recommended.
- sunscreen and a sun hat, since the sun may be hot during the day.
- At least 1-2 liters of drinking water per person during the trekking.
- water-resistant bags to protect cameras and other equipment when trekking/hiking, in case it rains.
- Bring proper walking boots, long trousers, and rain gears as you will be hiking through Bwindi Forest.
Which Gorilla Group to Visit in Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo?
Most of our Clients/ travelers ask us about the different Gorilla families/groups and which of the gorilla groups are bigger; Others base their decision on the distance of the hike to reach the gorilla groups.
In Uganda and DR Congo, you can find four different areas from which to begin the gorilla tracking, they are each between 2 and 7 hours driving from the other. Therefore, your choice of accommodation also makes a big difference in the options of the gorilla group you can visit and vice versa.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +256785790925 for free information or a free quote