5 Days Gorillas & Chimps in Uganda
There are different types of apes among them are gorilla and chimpanzee, which are found in Africa, specifically Uganda. They are considered to be some of the most intelligent animals on earth with a lot of human qualities. Watching them at work is a marvel.
Day 1: Pick up and travel
Early in the morning we will pick you up from the hotel or any other location of your choice and leave for Kibale Forest. Kibale National Park is located in western Uganda, 22km southeast of Fort Portal town. It can be reached through either from the north, via Mubende and Fort Portal, or the south through Mbarara and Kamwenge. You will arrive in the afternoon; we will help you check into your hotel or a camp site where you will be spending the night.
Day 2: Chimpazee walk
The day will begin very early with a breakfast at your accommodation. After this, you will start a four-hour chimp walk during which you may also meet other different primates. This park is known for attracting different species of butterflies and birds. A chimps' Nest is every bird watchers paradise; effectively all 350 bird species of Kibale Forest and the bordering Bigodi Swamps can be witnessed on the on sight. In the afternoon, you can choose to rest or walk through Bigodi Swamp to witness the communities’ cultures.
Day 3: Bwindi Impenetrable national park
After breakfast at your accommodation, you will then advance for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You can enjoy the scenery all the way through Queen Elizabeth National park, towards the southern sector of the park. This is called Ishasha and is famous for the tree climbing lions. On request you will be able to stop and view some animals and for lunch at a place of your choosing.
In the afternoon you will continue the journey to Rukungiri where you will observe the purest Western Uganda Culture, farms, Beautiful hills before reaching Bwindi later that evening. You will check in to the accommodation of your choice where you will have dinner and spend a night.
Day 4: Gorilla trekking
This is the long awaited trekking day. Get up for an early breakfast, with a packed lunch, water and your trekking shoes your guide will drive you to the starting point of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. You will start with a detailed briefing about the trek and then you will set off. There are more than seven hundred and eighty-six mountain gorillas in the whole world. Uganda hold close to half of their total population, and the majority of them live in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. It is quite a walk before finding the settlement of the settlement of the Gorillas.
Once you have found the gorillas, you will be able to spend up to one hour with them! And you will have to get on your way back, this is because you will be expected back to the starting point by 7.00pm at the latest. Being physically fit is recommended this exercise.
Day 5: Back to Kampala
Early in the morning after breakfast you will travel back to Kampala. On the way back to the city you will have lunch in Mbarara town, and after Masaka there will be an opportunity to a stop at the Equator for photo shoots and buying souvenirs and have tea or coffee. We will bring you back to your original departure point.
Please enquire for rates.
- Transport in a 4WD minivan with pop-up roof for excellent safari view;
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Accommodation as listed in the program;
- All breakfasts and dinners included;
- Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking;
- Park-entrance fees according to the program;
- All activities described in the itinerary;
- International air fares and entry visa Uganda
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack);
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).
Our Africa expert consultants can combine your Gorilla Safari with tours and accommodation throughout Africa.
Why book with us
- Expert staff who have all travelled in Uganda & Rwanda
- Top class Safaris in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Qualified and knowledgeable local guides
- Top quality Gorilla Destinations
- Flexible holiday options
- Great value