4 Days Gorilla tracking Rwanda & Akagera Wildlife Tour
The 4 day gorilla safari in rwanda includes Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park, Game drives in Akagera national park and Kigali city tour. The safari starts and ends in Kigali.
- Day 01: Arrival, Airport pick-up
- Day 02: Transfer to Akagera national park
- Day 03: Game drive in Akagera national park
- Day 04: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Airport pick-up
On arrival at Kigali airport, our company representative will pick you and transfer to the lodge for a rest. Overnight stay at Mille Colline / Kigali Serena Hotel / The Manor Hotel.
Day 2: Transfer to Akagera national park
After breakfast transfer transfer to Akagera national park for an afternoon boat cruise on lake Ihema. Expect to see buffaloes, crocodiles, hippos, numerous water birds among others. Overnight stay at Akagera Safari Lodge
Day 3: Game drive in Akagera national park
After a morning breakfast enjoy a game drive in Akagera national park. Expect to encounter some members of the Big Five including the Hippos, elephants, buffaloes, etc; giraffes, warthogs, waterbucks and different antelope species. Overnight stay at Akagera Safari Lodge.
Day 4: Transfer back to Kigali
On reaching Kigali, visit the Gisozi Genocide Memorial site, the handicrafts shops, etc. Later our tour guide will transfer you to Kigali airport for you scheduled flight.
After breakfast, you will head for a city tour around Kigali such as the genocide site and other historical sites depending on the time of your flight.
You will have lunch en route as the tour goes on upon your request – included in price along with 2 sodas or one Beer.
-- Accommodation --
Manor Hotel Kigali
The Manor Hotel Kigali is a 4 star hotel located in the upmarket neighbourhood of Nyarutarama Kigali.
If you are looking for a place to relax, pamper yourself and enjoy great food, there is no better place in Rwanda than the Manor Hotel.
Akagera Game lodge
Akagera Game Lodge is currently the only accommodation option within Akagera National Park. More of a hotel than a traditional safari lodge, it has fantastic views over Lake Ihema, with a large swimming pool perched on the edge of the savannah. However, plans to upgrade and expand were been put on hold due to the recession, and the site is dotted with unfinished buildings. At present, fewer than half the 64 rooms are in use, although we understand that work is expected to recommence in 2012.
Please enquire for rates.
- Transport in a 4WD minivan with pop-up roof for excellent safari view;
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Accommodation as listed in the program;
- All breakfasts and dinners included;
- Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking;
- Park-entrance fees according to the program;
- All activities described in the itinerary;
- International air fares and entry visa Uganda
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack);
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).
Our Africa expert consultants can combine your Gorilla Safari with tours and accommodation throughout Africa.
Why book with us
- Expert staff who have all travelled in Uganda & Rwanda
- Top class Safaris in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Qualified and knowledgeable local guides
- Top quality Gorilla Destinations
- Flexible holiday options
- Great value