3 day Gorilla tracking tour in Uganda Miscellaneous
A Gorilla Trek in Uganda is one of the major reasons as to why very many people visit Uganda. On the other hand, Uganda is recognized as a very safe and more so secure country in which you can see these Gorillas in a serene surroundings.
Day 1: Arrival
You will meet an allocated guide in Kampala or Entebbe at your hotel who will be transporting you. Then you will start off on your drive heading to south western Uganda Bwindi. Along the route you will be diverted to some local attractions like a local community popularly known for making local drums and crafts and a fruit market. You can stopover on request to admire and buy yourself souvenirs from these markets.
You will then proceed to the Equator, this is the pathway of the sun in Uganda, and here you will take photographs (Stop over is also on request). Beside these, you will enjoy the scenery of mountains, tropical rainforest and bamboo forest during the nine hour journey. On arrival you will be checked into the hotel of your choice.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking (Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
After a heavy breakfast, you will be guided to the morning briefing on Gorilla trekking. A ranger will brief you on how to behave with the gorillas.Then you will enjoy a trip of Gorilla trekking, which may last close to an entire day. Gorilla trekking is unpredictable. It's difficult to foresee how many hours you will hike. We trek the gorillas through the rainforest and bamboo covered slopes, accompanied by a guide and trackers, in search of a mountain gorilla family. Expect to walk along distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. The walking can be tough and long, but when you catch a glimpse of the magnificent silverback, any discomforts will be quickly overlooked. Tourists can be guided to within 6 metres from the gorillas, to observe and sit around them for a whole hour.
Day 3: Depart from the Gorilla Tracking Park and Drive back
You will take an early breakfast before embarking on your return to Kampala, driving down the grassed and terraced cliffs of south western Uganda while taking in the breath taking sights of the hills of the region nicknamed ‘the little Switzerland of Africa’. You will also pass through Mbarara the impressing long horn Ankole cattle culture. And you will be dropped off in a location of your chose in Kampala.
Please enquire for rates.
- Transport in a 4WD minivan with pop-up roof for excellent safari view;
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Accommodation as listed in the program;
- All breakfasts and dinners included;
- Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking;
- Park-entrance fees according to the program;
- All activities described in the itinerary;
- International air fares and entry visa Uganda
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack);
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).
Our Africa expert consultants can combine your Gorilla Safari with tours and accommodation throughout Africa.
Why book with us
- Expert staff who have all travelled in Uganda & Rwanda
- Top class Safaris in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Qualified and knowledgeable local guides
- Top quality Gorilla Destinations
- Flexible holiday options
- Great value